A customer-centric technology leader in monitoring solutions for the global foodservice, healthcare and industrial markets.
At Cooper-Atkins Corporation, we take extreme pride in our service levels and in our customer relationships. These qualities have helped our business grow for 130+ years. As a leading manufacturer of environmental and innovative food safety solutions, we have a global reach and are a trusted resource for reliable, high-quality instruments and expert advice.
In today’s rapidly changing world, Cooper-Atkins Corporation continues to expand our technological capabilities, and we are committed to pursuing the potential of all measuring system technologies with the expertise to support them. We continue to meet the needs of our customers by remaining focused on the education and promotion of important industry issues, and providing the highest level of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
Cooper-Atkins is ISO 9001:2015 registered.
Our Company History
- In 1885, David G. Cooper, the inventor of the first bimetal oven thermometer, founded The Cooper Oven Thermometer Company.
- During the 1960s, The Cooper Thermometer Company broadened its brand with the development of three cooking lines. The acquisition of The Croydon Thermometer Company further expanded the consumer product line into weather instruments, and two separate marketing groups were established for the consumer and industrial markets to advance these new product lines.
- In 1984, the Industrial Division of (Electro-Therm) Electromedics was purchased, immediately launching Cooper into the Digital Thermometer business, and the company officially became Cooper Instrument Corporation strengthening its presence in the HVAC/R, OEM and Industrial markets.
- In 2001, the company became known as Cooper-Atkins Corporation after acquiring Atkins Technical, a leader in thermocouple instrument technology.
- In 2003, KTG, Inc., a developer of wireless enterprise solutions for temperature monitoring and food safety with hand-held PDA applications including inspections and training, and innovative software solutions was purchased.
- In 2018, Emerson (NYSE: EMR), a Fortune 500 company that manufactures products and provides engineering services for a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets, acquired the Cooper-Atkins Corporation.